Saturday 12 May 2012

Photography 1: P & P, Proj 14: An Organised Event

Project 14: An organised event

The objective of this exercise was to research and prepare a shoot in advance.  I sought an organised event at which there would be plenty of people and in which I could confidently expect to be able to photograph freely and with some variety.

I chose this march to celebrate St David's Day in Wales.  It is always a colourful event.  The dragons are made each year by local school children.  I was able to photograph different participants doing a variety of activities.  Fortunately the parade marched down the main street and then returned.  This gave ample opportunity for taking photographs.  I positioned myself outside the city hall, which is about half way along the route of the march.  This position enabled me to see all of the parade pass and return.  I stood at the kerbside so that there would be no spectators between me and the marchers.  From this position I was able to get close-ups of the participants as well as longer shots showing more of the parade.  There were many helpers to keep the children marching along.  This provided a variety of photographs of different ages.

Ten of the resulting images are shown below:


7565







7566






7567





7569





7572





7575





7576





7580





7582





7585

No comments:

Post a Comment