Friday 17 September 2010

Visit to BP Portrait Award 2010

Today I visited the BP Portrait Award Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery in London.  The exhibition was very interesting and the standard of the exhibits was very high.

There were two images that I particularly liked:


Gillian by Miriam Escofet
I particularly liked the fantastic detail on the model's hair and clothing.  The artist has used natural light from a window to light the subject.  This has resulted in a very striking and natural representation of the model.  I also particularly liked the serene expression on the model's face.

Lila Pearl by Thea Penna
Once again I thought that the lighting in this picture was excellent.  I also liked the way that the artist had captured the vulnerable look on the face of the child.  Also the way that the child seemed to be pushed into a corner for security emphasising her vulnerability.

No comments:

Post a Comment